Monday, October 18, 2004

What a game!

Boy- that was a great Red Sox game tonight.

Normally, I'd put a link in for you, but Jeez- if you missed that one, you missed out.

I've been feeling a little better today, and not just because of the Sox. The bite wound on my shoulder has been feeling way better (it might be the few beers I drank tonight), and I've been having a pretty good time listening to the dead man's iPod.

By the way "The dead man's iPod" would be a great name for a band.

I've been thinking about that a lot recently, seeing as I kind of "inherited" the iPod of that hipster who got torn to peices a few weeks ago, and it occured to me that I might be in possession of one of the first "inherited" iPod's in history. OK, I guess it's really more stolen than inherited, but c'mon, I had a hell of night that night, and fuck- like his loved ones are really going to want to listen to that dude's collection of Pavement B-sides?

Fuck that, I earned it.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's a relatively new technology, and let's be honest, there aren't a lot of old guys who have iPods. I just think that's a neat thing, to get a dead man's iPod. I don't know how long an iPod lasts, but it could almost represent a new way to get to know one of your dearly departed loved ones.

I mean, in 40 or so years, there's gonna be a time when you inherit your grandfather's iPod, and you're hanging around listening to it, and you're like- "No Way! I had no idea that grandpa was into Opeth! They just seemed a little too hard for him, you know?

Also, I ate some cat food tonight.

It was pretty weird.

My cat's name is Grapes,(named for legendary Boston Bruins coach and Hockey Night in Canda announcer Don Cherry) and he's been kind of a dick to me recently. He hasn't been eating his food, and I've been a little sick of throwing away full cans of cat food.

So anyway, I put down food for him this morning, and he wouldn't eat it.

Around 10:30 tonight, it had gotten bad, and when I tried to put him in front of it, he hissed at me and ran away. So I was about to throw it away, when I picked it up and, jeez- I don't know, just started stuffing it into my mouth.

It wasn't that great, but at least I know now that it's edible.

I wish I knew what his problem was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home