Sunday, April 17, 2005

The cow's due on Tuesday.

Just got the e-confirmation.

Again, it occurs to me that I might have the same problem as the sheep, in that I only ordered one, so I went ahead and got 6 chickens.

They show up faster, and If I'm lucky, I might even get some eggs before the full moon. Thanks ot the commentor, I looked into getting a full moon display for the site, but I couldn't get it to work. We'll see. Honestly, it's not something I really need. I mean, I can usally tell when the moon is full.

I work the day shift at the video store tomorrow, and I don't think it'll be too bad- it's supposed to be a nice day, so it'll probably be slow. Maybe I'll read a book.

I haven't been doing much reading lately- honestly, I haven't cracked a book since Frankenstein, and that was while I was under mind control, so I don't know if that even counts. I've read some comics, some old Evan Dorkin stuff and some Optic Nerve, but nothing with too much heft.

I'm kind of in the mood for a classic, something maybe from the modern era. Hemingway maybe. I've read Farewell to Arms, For Whom the Bell Tolls, To Have and Have Not, and that one about Bullfights- fuck what was it called? Anyway I liked all of those ones- any suggestions?

I'm goin' to bed.

5 Comments:

At 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always like Faulkner. As I lay Dying is a good one to start with.

 
At 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

JD Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye". A must read, especially if you weren't lucky enough to be tortured with it via elementary or secondary school.

:)

 
At 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second _Catcher in the Rye_.

Also, have you read _The World According to Garp_? Or _The Great Gatsby_?

Great novels - glad to hear you're getting some good reading in!


Rhonda, an English major nerd

 
At 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A full-moon display/counter thing is a sweet idea. It would help those of us stuck in cubible farm hell where we never get to see the light/dark of day.

 
At 5:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm re-reading East of Eden right now. Obvious biblical overtones, but still a great read.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home