Sunday, April 10, 2005

New York City

I've been thinking a lot about it latley.

I mean, the scene that I grew up in, the guys that used to make up my community, a lot of them have moved on.

I have friends with kids, friends who are married, friends who are moving out of New York and friends who are becoming dissilussioned.

And I think of my own problem.

I'm a werewolf.

On the full moon, I turn into an animal.
A very dangerous animal.

And part of me wonders, is New York the best place for me?

I mean, I have a cage in a loft apartment that I can get into when I need to, but the fact is I'm reallly only looking as far forward as the next full moon. Now that I'm kind of acclimated to this fact, it's hard not to look toward the future.

I mean, am I going to be a werewolf for the rest of my life?

Can I get a real career?

Can I really ever grow up and experience some of the cultural signposts of an older American?

Can I get married?

Can I have children?

If I do, wil they be infected with this curse I have?

Shit.

Maybe New York is the only place I can be.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk, perhaps you and I should start a new community, specifically for BEASTS. You could be the mayor and I'd be the doctor. Yeah. How does that sound?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home