Friday, April 01, 2005

This is Alyssa- writing from Scotland.

This is a sad day.

I am very sorry to report that last night, around 7:00 PM, Kirk Thomson took his own life.

He sent me an email along with his password so he could have me post his final message. He wanted me to let you know how much he appreciated all of your comments, encouragements and support, but the incident when he escaped from his cage scared him too much, and he felt that suicide was the only way to be sure he wouldn't hurt or infect others.

I have known a lot of werewolves in my time, but Kirk was one of the finest. He dealt with his affliction with courage, strength, and a sense of humor that is rare. Perhaps most importantly, he maintained his moral compass, something that many are not strong enough to do. He did not deserve this fate, and I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that in my eyes, he was more than a werewolf.

He was a man, and he wanted to die one.

Which, although it is hard, makes sense.

I know that he is in a better place.

In accordance with his wishes, this entire blog, and all comments will be delivered to his parents so that they might know what he was going through, and that it wasn't their fault. If you have comments you would like to add about Kirk the man, the blog in general, or anything you feel his parents might like to read, I suggest you do so after this post, as in a week's time, I will be freezing the comments section entirely so I can deliver the entire body of writing to Kirk's family as a completed record.

Now, I present to you the last words of Kirk Thomson- irreverant though they may be, they are Kirk, and he wanted you to see them. God bless you Kirk. You will be missed. Here is what he wrote:


Well.
Here we are.

The end of the ride.

As I'm sure Alyssa has explained, I have made the decision to take my own life tonight, which is a tough decision to make. As you are reading this, I will already be dead, which is sort of creepy. It's kind of like I'm a ghost right now.

Boo!

Ha. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I don't want to get maudlin about this, or get all weepy, I feel like my last post pretty much covered that, but the fact is, I don't want to be a killer. Unfortunately, that's the hand I've been dealt, and whether I hurt anyone or not on the night I got of the cage, the fact remains that I could have, and it's simply not realistic to assume that I'll be able to avoid doing it in the future. Worse than killing someone perhaps, was the possibility that I could infect others with this disease, and cause another human being the same angst that I have gone through since last September.

But fuck all that- this is my last post, so I'd like to say some thank yous. First off, to everyone who linked to me- Amy at Kangatopia, All the live journal guys, Girls are Pretty, Fanatical Apathy, Rick's Cafe American, Winner of the SAT, Memepool, Nycbloggers, Catharsis 101, Confessions of a G33K, Voodoo Madness, Liam Mceaneany, Andres du Bouchet, Kyria Abrahams, Dan McCoy, Monkeyfilter, Stray Pride Day, Grkgrl88, Liadnan, Hunterdane, HappyRobot, Pjammer, the Metro newspaper, and everybody else- if I forgot you, I'm sorry, but I'm killing myself over here, and spending my last hours on earth combing through the referrals on my sitemeter seems like an asine way to shuffle off this mortal coil.

But honestly, thank all of you who thought my little story was worth passing on to a friend. Having an audience for this thing kept me going, and I appreciate all of you.

Even you creepy zooskool fucks. I suppose if coming to my blog delayed you for even a few minutes on your quest to jerk off to jpegs of some girl swallowing the red rocket of a cocker spaniel, well then, I guess I've done SOME good.

And most of all, thanks to Alyssa and Dan, who were my allies and friends.

Danny Boy, maybe I'll be right next to you in that iPod, who knows.

Either way, I oughta sign off if I'm gonna kick it before the Pope. And I'm not shitting on the Pope, I'm just saying that he's gonna get a hell of a lot of press, which might push me to the side a little bit. Sort of like when Robert Mitchum died the day before Jimmy Stewart.

OK- I guess it's nothing like that at all.

I guess the good part is I'm gonna die without witnessing the dissapointment of how shitty the third Star Wars prequel will be. If only this had happened pre-Jar Jar. It woulda been nice to see the Bruins win the cup, too. Of course, I got the Sox in the World Series, which is better than a lot of New England Sports fans got. All things considered, I can't bitch about how what I got to see in sports. And who knows, maybe I will get to see some of those things, you know, if I come back as a ghost. Stranger things have happened.

Rest assured, if you were a fan of this blog, and I do return as a ghost, I will visit you. If you happen to be an attractive female, I will probably be getting to you first, ideally when you are showering. The rest of you I'll get around to when I can.

Ahh well- now I'm just rambling. I guess this is it.

Thank you and Goodbye.

I love you all, and I'm sorry.

Kirk Thomson.
1973-2005

14 Comments:

At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I have been reading this for a few weeks and I have to say Kirk sure was strong! Not many people would have taken all of this as well as he did. Too bad it had to end like this. Or it could be a new beginning for Kirk. Who really knows. The book of his life has just closed with the last chapters being the most intense. But a new book has opened up for him. I hope you are pleasent wherever you may be, Kirk. I hope your family will do good as well. R.I.P. Kirk...you will be missed....

P.S. If you do go around visiting people, stop by here. I would love to meet you!

 
At 12:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping this is an April Fool's joke.

If not, well, I've really enjoyed reading this blog. I'm sorry Kirk decided to leave, but I hope the next life is much happier for him.

 
At 11:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say, Kirk. I guess you caught all of us off-guard.
Sweet dreams, Kirk.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Ugarles said...

A mention without a link? It ain't right to piss on someone's suicide note but if Kirk weren't dead I'd look for the crescent phase and kill him myself.

 
At 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyssa,

How did you verify Kirk's death? It seems that all you have is an email from him stating his intention to kill himself.

 
At 8:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess he ran out of ideas.

Or it's an April Fool's gag. In the immortal words of Space Ghost, "Man, this is BS! I'm taking it up with Dr.Worm!"

 
At 4:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this is an april fools joke, it's kind of poorly executed.

If it isn't, then godspeed, Kirk. You didn't deserve death, but you deserve rest. I hope you went with a clean conscience, you didn't kill any innocent people, you killed one monster. You did a lot better than I'd expect anyone to, least of all myself.

 
At 12:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never commented before (I don't think...who knows what we do when we've been drinkin), but I've really enjoyed readin along. I just wish I had the link to the next saga that would be Kirk.

R.I.P.

 
At 1:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap. Now, what am I going to read?

 
At 1:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The knowledge that I can walk around at night during a full moon without risking dismemberment is not worth the loss of a guy like you. You were one of the good ones, Kirk. Hope you rest in peace, and do not come back as a zombie or something, because really, that would be adding insult to injury.

 
At 2:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, well - Kirk rest in peace, man. It was a good long run, and you know, if you happen to like come back as a ghost or something well... um, start another blog or something. But let us know here so we can follow it. I still want to know what was up with that whole iPod thing...

 
At 3:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk, you were/ are a beast.However I have the sinking feeling that you were just over the blog and decided to end it by saying that you were dead. Well, regardless of whether or not you alive, let me just say that this has been a very entertaining blog, and that you have a real knack for writing. Maybe you should pursue a career in that... even ghosts need books, right? Well, peace out man...

 
At 7:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this is an april fool's joke...

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger Alex said...

Take care kirk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home