Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Tonight-

I saw "Rent" with my dad.

We left after the first half.

Can anyone explain to me why in God's name this was considered a good show?

Seriously!

From what I was able to determine, just about everybody had AIDS, it was Christmas, and they were bitching about how they could pay last year's rent. Then there wa a dude who owned a building, and there were some homelss people, and a few junkies who were way more limber than any junkies I've ever seen.

There was a cute girl who showed her ass, but I gotta tell you, I think it misfired, as it seemed to be a move that was intended to offend, and that ass was dynamite.

Also, It took place in an east village loft, and I wasn't sure why they wanted to stay there. I mean, everybody who I've ever known who has voluntarily gone to live in a shithole in the city was doing so becuase they were persuing something. These douchebags, they weemed like they were just hanging out in alphabet city so they could run around in their barney rubble bras and yelp.

After the first half, me and my Dad looked at each other and said- " Do you have any idea what is going on?"

I was all for leaving, but I figured, Jesus, this guy is in New York, maybe he wants to give it a chance. We were smoking cigarettes outside the theater and he says " Do you want to watch the rest of this?"

The old man knows not to waste his time.

So, Like General Washington back in the day, we got the fuck back to Brooklyn with all due haste. We ended the night watching the Daily Show, which was very funny, and he had never heard of.

That's the problem with this country, that a guy like my dad has heard of Rent, and has never seen the Daily Show.

Ahh well-

Who knows.

Broadway sucks.

He leaves tomorrow.

I'll be a werewolf the day after that.

Bob Joyce is toast.

5 Comments:

At 11:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have said Bob Joyce is bacon.

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger merkley??? said...

I hate Broadway too.
But the best way to walk out of a broadway play is to dance and sing out of a broadway play.

Lyrical suggestion;

I can't take it.
I can't take it.
I can't take it anymore.
I am leaving
I am leaving
I am running for the door.

the door the door the door the door the door

With the right amount of planning and practise your exit will be seamless. Hell you might even pick up a Tony.

 
At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still wish you had a webcam. That would make this blog have an added layer of tangibility to be able to see you change...

Sorry that Rent sucked for you guys. At least you didn't sit there and suffer through it.

"525,600 minutes..."

HAHAHAHA

 
At 11:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen beta,

You have to get this under control before you draw too much attention to yourself and wolves in general. If not some Alpha will take you out just to make sure some stray beta doesn't draw the attention of the hunters to NYC.

We don't want a purge to happen to such a large population.

Tell us about your attack, in detail. We need to figure out who it is that's going around creating betas is so we can send Enforcers to remove the problem.

Try this before you shift have a big meal (mostly meat), wolves mostly hunt for food (the sooner you get that stupid monkey idea that you turn into a big hairy monster the better for you, and all of us) if you’re full you’ll have no reason to kill.

Get yourself full, shift, and see if the pig survives the night. Remember, it’s not you and the wolf, just you. Get a hold of it (it will take sometime).

-a GNO Alpha & Enforcer

 
At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say - the comment by the "GNO Alpha & Enforcer" made me giggle.

Comments like those, as well as great posts by Kirk (oh, I'm sorry...I guess I meant "beta"), help keep this blog fascinating...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home