Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I had a note slipped under my door today

It was pretty crazy.

It said:

Dear Mr. Thomson, I know what you are, and what you are capable of. Meet me under the Williamsburg bridge at midnight on Thursday. You know what will happen on Friday.


It was unsigned.

Jesus, that's pretty freaky. I mean, Friday is a full moon.

I was planning on going to Maine for Thanksgiving, but now I'm not so sure.

You'd think that if they were harmless, they would have said something like "Hey! I'm harmless!"

But still, that would have made me think that they were intentionally saying that to harm me, you know?

Plus, there was no mention of werewolf stuff- I mean, they just said "you know what happens on Friday." Sure, Friday is a full moon, but Friday is also when the new Harry Potter movie comes out on DVD, not to mention Tom Hanks in the Terminal! They just said that they know what I'm capable of- it could just be someone who admires my ability to name almost any director of any film when I'm asked at the video store- look check it out:

Manchurian Candidate: John Frankenheimer

The Idiots: Lars Von Trier

The Piano Teacher: Michael Haneke.

OK, I realize that this is a blog, and I could have just looked those up, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Plus, I have a plan for when I change this full moon, if I even change. I figure I'll get up on my roof, and since I was afraid to fall before, I'll just rage around for a while and then chill out.

I mean, shit- aren't we all overthinking this a little?

Really- how do we know that turning into a werewolf is a permanent condition?

Sure, in the movies it is, but in most movies, the werewolf turns, goes a little nuts, then gets killed.

I'm doing fine over here.

What business is it of anybody else?
Maybe I'm over it, is all.

Plus, thursday's Thanksgiving. I'm supposed to blow off my grandparents just so I can meet somebody who won't sign a note?

What if it's a psycho?

I'm really kinda scared.







3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Captain Kirk,
Well this little note does put things into a tailspin doesn't it? Here are your options:

1) Maybe those werewolf hunters embraced the 21st century, read memepool/did a google search and want to 'chat'.

2) Maybe someone shares your condition and wants you to join the group therapy session.

3) Maybe another werewolf wants a playmate.

Either dude, rock out and go to this little meeting? What's the worst that can happen? I'd back you up but I left my werewolf-proof undies in my other suitcase.

 
At 10:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be the Society of St. Cyril... they got pretty big into technology to track monetary assets and 'people who'd lived too long'... oh, yeah. you probably don't know this, but the SSC hunts vampires.

 
At 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't think it's likely they got your address off this blog, so you're more likely to find someone who's been watching you personally. Good luck, whatever happens.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home