Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Things have been going great!

I have a date with my new lady this week, and the Werewolf scientists have given me a clean bill of health.

They confirmed that there are abnormalities in the girl-werewolf's blood that do not exist in mine, and they just have to wait out the next transformation to see if last month's non-transformation was a fluke.

Alyssa seems to think that it's related to her idea that one cannot change into a werewolf unless they need change in their lives. And that kind of bears out. I've been managing my lycanthropy, got into a pretty steady pattern of handling the livestock, was able to hold down my job, and now, well- Jesus, I'm dating again.

I'm not sure how to deal with the whole werewolf issue with the new girl (and by the way, the fact that one of you knew the name of my hockey team means you definately aren't getting her name), but it's still early, so- I'm gonna see if we can get through drinks.

One thing that's odd is that the werewolf girl is kind of a psycho.

I got a chance to talk to her over the last few days, and I was hesitant to post it here, because it seemed so, well- evil, and I really wanted to like her.

Like- I REALLY wanted her to be great, and as such, was reluctant to record some things that might have made her look lousy in your guys eyes.

For example, she told me how much she likes killing humans. She's killed a lot of people, and said she enjoyed it, and would do it again. I asked her if she had ever killed anybody in human form, and she said she'd do it in a heartbeat if it would mean she could escape. She hates the scientists, and strangely, hates Alyssa most of all, even though Alyssa's philosophy of attempting to cure werewolves instead of killing them is the only thing that has kept her alive.

We had a very real discussion about what it was to be an animal, with her taking the side that an animal was what she was, and with me saying that an animal was only a part of me, and could be controlled.

After a while, it seemed like we were chasing our tails.

You know, not literally.

Anyway, the full moon is May 24th, which means if we change, it'll be on the 23rd. I'm not sure if I will, but I'm pretty sure she will. She seems to want a hell of a lot of change in her life.

We'll see.

Either way, I have to take into account that I COULD die on the 23rd. That's been part of accepting my situation, you know, the acceptance that I really could die each and every month. Which, of course, is part of being human, the awareness of one's own mortality. It's just odd that I had to become a beast to realize what it is to be a man.

Hmm.

That also means I guess I'm gonna have to go and see Episode III on opening weekend.

I'd kinda hoped to hold out for a while, just to let Lucas know I've been displeased with the first two prequels. But now, fuck it- if I could die, let's be honest- I'm not missing a fucking Star Wars movie.

I'll try to post more regularly- it's weird, when there is more on my mind it's actually harder to post. It's easy when I'm just pissed off about there being no hockey.

Life goes on.

Right?

6 Comments:

At 4:30 PM , Blogger Andrew said...

dude, you're the one that puts too much information about your hockey exploits in your blog. And you're shocked that the readership of the hipster werewolf blog has some overlap with the hipster hockey league. At least you're not in the dog-fuckers hockey league.

 
At 4:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, advance reviews of Episode III have been surprisingly good. Apparently one reviewer, who had panned Eps I and II, was asked for a four-word review, and responded, "Bloody hell! It's good!"

I'll be seeing it opening weekend myself, probably on the Friday before heading out for the long weekend.

-- Duncan

 
At 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man - how's that iPod working out? Have you had a chance to crack it open and talk to, you know, the dead guy? I bet he's loney even if he really does hate you. And hell, since you're not showing signs of being a werewolf yourself these days perhaps he'll like you, or even go away. Then you've got a cool iPod *without* a dead guy inside...

-mpb

 
At 12:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your full of shit with your werewolf stuff god go suck a dick you fucked up loser you probably fantasise about being a werewolf its obvious that you do because all the werewolf movie greats (although i wouldnt call the howling sequels greats) ARE IN YOUR PROFILE DICK SUCKING MOTHAFUCKA

 
At 12:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your full of shit if you would like to know the reasons why i know this go ahead and ask me ill reply with the answer

 
At 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, what abnormalities exist in her blood that do not exist in your? As a self described graduate of a good college you should be knowledgable and articulate enough to go into more detail.

Or is this blog, as I have long suspected, a [reasonably successful] attempt to put this new technological format to the service of producing an epistolary and serial novel? Using some of your own terminology again, as you may note.

To the "full of [feces]" commentators, your hostility is misplaced. It's called literary fiction, even though this example is flawed. Ever read any good fiction? Your loss if not. Hemingway was not full of fecal matter because he made up the story of "The Old Man and the Sea."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home