Saturday, May 14, 2005

What a day!

I worked all day at the store, got to watch Team America while I was working, met up with an old friend, and watched the entire 3 hour Clone Wars segment on Cartoon Network.

Now, I'm getting ready to go meet this girl I'm nuts about, and all is well.

And you know what?

The comments on the last post were so negative, that I kind of almost want to take that guy on, but you know what?

I just don't care.

All is well in the world of Kirk Thomson.

I mean, even if there is a guy named Mike dropping off notes at the video store, and there is some evil bitch werewolf who wants to go nuts when the full moon happens so she can be exactly who she needs to be- I don't care.

I have a girl I like, friends who I love, a job that could suck a hell of a lot worse than it does, and I'm just living.

New York City in the springtime.

What beats it?

Maybe New York City in the fall, but let's be honest, last fall kind of sucked for me.

Red So not withstanding.

So bring it on, douchebags!

Go ahead and hate all you want- I'm having a great time, and lest you forget- blogs are not for the audience.

Blogs are for the writer.

That's why they exist. Sure there is some interesting stuff out there, but it's a different medium. When blog is done well it is done well because it is personal, because it is worthwhile to put yourself out there, because it is, in a sense, a work of exhibitionism.

And if I am an exhibitionist, so be it.

This is my life.

And it's going well these days.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

I'm having fun.

7 Comments:

At 3:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, I didn't think I was being that negative with my comment. Maybe I should just change my little signature then.

In any case, glad you're getting out there and actually enjoying life. Here's hoping next weekend is just as pleasant for ya.

:)

 
At 10:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE3333333333333!!!!! W00T!!!! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!! (actually, dunno if kirk likes video games...)

 
At 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Smiley, I think he meant the post BEFORE last. You know, the one with that bastards ripping into him.

Yours was alright, I think ;)

BMO

 
At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk - good for you. Fuck these people - you keep having fun and writing about what's going on. If they don't like it, they can take their attention to another blog.

I am glad to hear you're having a great spring. It's nice to see you feeling good.

 
At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, by "these people," I mean the hostile ones, not the supportive commentors.

Just thought I'd clarify.

Anyway, way to go on the great updates!

 
At 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah man. screw the haters. still though.
the girl?
i'm just saying

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger Jonn Wood said...

I find that the comment you made, Kirk, about the nature of a blog to be mildly intresting. Intresting cause it happens fairly often, but in reverse. On deviantART, for example, several artists demand comments. They consider it their right, without understanding that it's a gift, much like commentors on some blogs act when the bloggers don't update often. Come to think of it, this happens with webcomics too; Ian of MacHall.com has certainly done his fair share of swearing.

I have a longer essay about this, but I don't want to seem like a self-pimper. For those intrested, it's in my DA account, which has the username 'u63r'.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home