Tuesday, May 17, 2005

You know what's funny?

I'll tell you.

It seems like the happier I get, the less interested I am in updating this blog.

That's fucked up, seeing as when I was at my worst, this blog was tremendously important to me.

It was all that I had.

Not only as an outlet, but because of the commentors.

The positive responses I got to my posts really helped me when I was at the end of my fucking rope.

I guess I'm posting now not because I have anything interesting to say, but more because I feel like I owe it to those people who hung in with me when it was bad, and gave me some feedback.

OK- I'm drunk right now.

You know what else I think is funny?

The fact that me being drunk is SO not a problem when compared to some of the other stories I've openly and honestly told you about.

I'm sorry, but I just don't care about werewolf shit anymore.

The girl werewolf, the scientists, the rest of it, I just don't care.

I've been a werewolf for like, months now, but I didn't change last month.

I don't think I'm going to change again.

And if I don't, would anybody care about my life?

I mean, really- that's an interesting question. I've taken a lot of shit about this blog from commentors, but really, think about it- if I wasn't a werewolf, would anybody care?

I guess I'm asking because I feel like I may have found someone who cares about me.

And if I have that person, and I'm not a werewolf- would anybody read this?

It's an interesting question is all.

I dunno, maybe.

6 Comments:

At 3:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very funny when you're drunk. It's so much more difficult trying to figure out if you're being honestly ironic or sarcastically witty, especially comparing your "happiness" between this entry and your last one.

It's glad you care enough about your commentors, but don't be careless about your situation. Wouldn't want to see your new love interest get hurt, either by your dormant monstrous side or by your "friendly allies".

:)

 
At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will always be people that care about your life. And there are a lot of blogs, which get read, that go along the lines:

Today I had a cheese sandwhich. I wanted ham, but I had run out.

You write well, so people will read what you have to say. However, don't force yourself if you don't want to. Then people won't enjoy it, and you won't. This completely defeats the entire purpose.

As a thought, you could use your blog to let the world at large know about the anti-werewolf underground. So people can help them, if they feel so inclined. Or maybe something similar.

 
At 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was very pleased that you responded to my first email, and am equally disappointed that my Bruins influenced, hockey fan erstwhile Bostonian - ok collegiate Cantabrigian actually - notes have not elicited any response. Pout. LOL. This is Faustus btw.

 
At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk,

You have skills. Particularly writing skills. You are at your best when you are tearing someone a new one, but you are pretty funny/witty the vast majority of the time. For this reason, I keep reading your blog. To quote you as best as I remember, you "truly paint a picture with the written word". I think we can all relate to you on the level of trying to gain acceptance of some condition while trying to integrate into society. Granted, your condition is a lot more severe than most of ours but I think people relate to you on that level. (Sorry if the cheese factor was too high there.) I wish I had your cleverness. Even simple things like the pure genius of stealing Dan's iPod and saying "Pretty sweet, right?" That has become a favourite phrase of mine. I also like "tearing the ass out of the Stanley Cup playoffs".

This brings me to an important point. I don't want to sound like your mom or be condescending to you, but you have way too much talent to be working at a video store. Come on now. You are obviously an intelligent guy. Have you ever thought about writing for a living? I don't know what... fiction, journalism, free-lance, something. That pique your curiosity at all? Or combine your skills - movies and writing. Start a movie review site that becomes hugely popular and make immense advertising revenue.

Just something to think about.

 
At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk,

If you continue to write as well as you always have and talk occasionally about hockey I will read your blog daily. Just like I always have.

I hate the Bruins but long live Grapes (not your cat, RIP your cat).

You rock Kirk.

 
At 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I dont really know who you are, but i would like to get to know you. Being human or not, I would like to get to know you. I have alot of questions, if you care to know. I hopw you read this and consider what i have said...thank you.
Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home